The Roger de Clare Way
The Roger de Clare Way is a set of 5 principles that we follow here at Roger de Clare. We expect these principles in all interactions and the daily conduct around the school. These principles are for all stakeholders to follow - governors, staff, parents and carers and pupils.
We understand that everybody has different experiences and expectations. These principles provide a common framework for us to follow so that we all understand and agree on behaviour and conduct within our school community.
- Manners – respect, compassion, love, stability
- We will use please and thank you, as appropriate, in all our interactions with others.
- We will consider others around us – hold the door for someone, ask if we can help someone.
- We will show respect for everyone – hands up, waiting to speak, following the teacher’s instructions.
- We recognise that everyone in our school community is important.
- Learning – wisdom, passion, trust, positivity
- We are at school to learn in all areas of the curriculum – we will try our best in every subject.
- We will learn about a range of cultures, people and beliefs – we want to be informed about beliefs that are different to our own.
- We are at school to learn how to be good friends and considerate people – we need to show pro-social behaviours in all our interactions.
- We will always try our best.
- Growth Mindset – confidence, courage, strength, energy, honesty, faith, hope
- We will be open to challenge – we will push ourselves to achieve more.
- We will be encouraged to grapple with our learning – having to think is good for our learning.
- We will persevere when things get hard - some things will not be easy.
- Mistakes are opportunities to learn.
- Kindness – happiness, loyalty, peace, joy, wellness
- We will be gentle with others – kind hands, feet and words.
- We will recognise that people join our school with different experiences and beliefs and will treat everybody equally and fairly – we are all different and special but we are bound by the policy and practice of our school.
- We shall include others in our games – we can change the rules to include others, we can take turns to make decisions.
- We will show kindness to all.
- Environment – trust, health
- We will tidy away resources and toys – whether we have played with them or not.
- We will take care of our belongings and those of others – equipment should be protected, valued and left in good condition for the next person.
- We will behave sensibly around our school – we will walk sensibly, we will talk quietly, we will consider others.
- We will look after our school and community.
Children will be recognised for showing "The Roger de Clare Way" through the weekly awards of Golden PAWS.